<< Return to main page
Here's a list of old episodes in date order! There have been some great conversations so feel free to binge them all!
<< Back to main page
Episode 137 - Closing the Gender Pay Gap and Hiring Diverse Product Teams (with Chris Mason, Co-Founder @ Intelligent People)
Diversity & Inclusion
Women in Product
Episode 137: Closing the Gender Pay Gap and Hiring Diverse Product TeamsChris Mason, Co-Founder @ Intelligent People
14 Aug 2022
14 Aug 2022
About the Episode
An interview with Chris Mason. Chris is an executive recruitment consultant who started his agency Intelligent People over 20 years ago. Chris is passionate about diversity & inclusion in recruitment, as well as helping product leaders in general land their next job.
We speak about a lot, including:
- The state of the product hiring market today and how product management recruitment has changed over the last 20 years
- How product management has moved from IT to a strategic partner for product-led companies and when companies should hire a CPO
- Whether we're seeing more product practitioners getting a seat at the top table and how there are two main types of product leadership job
- Why you should be careful which job you wish for, and how to know when to stop trying to climb the career ladder
- Whether product job titles are getting more consistent and whether it's true that job titles don't matter
- Why women should consider not divulging their current salary as it can help to perpetuate gender biased salary and whether the gender pay gap is getting better or worse
- What hiring companies can do to make sure they're developing a diverse talent pipeline and the importance of hiring for "not fit" rather than culture fit
And much more!
You can find Chris at Intelligent People or check him out on LinkedIn.
Related episodes you should like:
Copyright © 2020-2024 One Knight in Product