<< Return to main page
Here's a list of old episodes in date order! There have been some great conversations so feel free to binge them all!
<< Back to main page
Episode 69 - Putting Customers at the Heart of your Product Decisions (with Hubert Palan, Founder @ Productboard)
Episode 69: Putting Customers at the Heart of your Product DecisionsHubert Palan, Founder @ Productboard
9 Jul 2021
About the Episode
An interview with Hubert Palan. Hubert is the founder and CEO of Productboard, a company that aims to put the customer at the heart of the product development process and help companies across the globe build truly excellent products.
We talk about a lot, including:
- What Productboard does, how it differs from other platforms & how it tries to bring customers to the heart of product development
- How his studies & early product career made him realise how difficult it was to have evidence-based discussions with stakeholders, and how this led him to create Productboard
- How he still maintains strong ties to the Czech Republic, and how Productboard took advantage of being a big fish in a small pond there
- What it was like studying under Steve Blank, the inspiration for the Lean Startup, and some of the lessons Hubert learned there
- Whether his MBA helped him become an effective product manager or whether he had a lot to learn after graduating
- Some of his problems with Marty Cagan's recent article about MBAs, and why he thinks Marty got it wrong
- Some of the mistakes that product teams are making when making product development decisions, and how companies need to build up their product muscles
- How some founders stumble into product/market fit and why the Lean Startup is partly to blame
- Why founders are overrated, and how to step away from thinking you know it all & letting the company run without your input
- How to try to build a diverse & inclusive company, and some of the challenges that Productboard have faced
And much more!
You can check out the Productboard website or connect with Hubert on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Related episodes you should like:
- OKRs: The Gateway Drug to Agility & Good Product Management (Jeff Gothelf, Product Management Consultant & Co-author "Lean UX" )
- Data-Informed Decision Making and the Three Cs of Product Management (Roger Snyder, VP of Products & Services @ 280 Group)
- Adventures in Product Management (Dan Olsen, Author "The Lean Product Playbook")
- Build High Growth Products by Following the Product Science Success Path (Holly Hester-Reilly, Founder @ H2R Product Science)
- Test Business Ideas Ethically by Experimenting With, Not On, Customers (David Bland, Co-author "Testing Business Ideas")
- Your Product is a Joke - How to use Improv Comedy Principles in Product Management (Amogh Sarda, Co-founder @ Eesel)
- Servitising Product Management & Setting Up Product Teams For Success (Jas Shah, Product Consultant)
- Build What Matters with Vision-Led Product Management (Rajesh Nerlikar, Author "Build What Matters")
Copyright © 2020-2024 One Knight in Product