<< Return to main page
Here's a list of old episodes in date order! There have been some great conversations so feel free to binge them all!
<< Back to main page
Episode 50 - Plan your Product Journey via Strategy, Roadmaps and OKRs (with Nacho Bassino, CPO @ Best Day Travel Group)
Episode 50: Plan your Product Journey via Strategy, Roadmaps and OKRsNacho Bassino, CPO @ Best Day Travel Group
27 Apr 2021
About the Episode
An interview with Nacho Bassino. Nacho is CPO for Best Day Travel Group and the author of new book "Product Direction", which is a practical playbook for product strategy. Nacho is a passionate supporter of the Latin American product community, and host of a Spanish-language product podcast.
We speak about a lot, including:
- How writing a book is a great way to really learn about the topic you're writing about
- Transitioning from project-led to product-led, how to do it at scale and manage complicated dependencies without SAFe
- What it's like interviewing holidaymakers, and how you can always get a captive focus group when you need one
- Gathering insights to help define product strategy, reducing them and synthesising them into the initiatives that matter
- The importance for product teams of building for the future and not concentrating on short term thinking
- Important principles for building an effective roadmap to support the product vision
- Driving alignment with multiple stakeholders and avoiding an information gap
- How to avoid OKRs becoming just a big "to do" list via peer review and collaboration
- The importance of investing in and providing local language content for the Latin American product community
Buy Nacho's Book
Nacho's book, "Product Direction" is available in all the usual places. Check it out!
Product Direction website.
Conversaciones de Producto
If you speak Spanish, why not try Nacho's podcast Conversaciones de Producto.
You can reach out to Nacho on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Related episodes you should like:
Copyright © 2020-2024 One Knight in Product